Configuration issues with C3x Code Composer Free Eval Tools from Web site
ATTENTION: All users of the C5000 and C3x Code Composer Free Evaluation Tools. It is IMPORTANT that you please read the following BEFORE downloading or attempting to use these tools. You may run into certain issues with these evaluation tools and this document discusses workarounds and tips to avoid any difficulties.
For C3x Code Composer Free Evaluation Tools:
- If you uninstall or reinstall the Free Evaluation Tools, your license will automatically expire and this will prohibit you from using the tools at all.
- To ensure proper operation, please install the Free Evaluation Tools in the default directory.
- You must install the Free Evaluation software on a local PC. These Free tools are not intended to run on a network machine or on a network drive.
- For installing the Free Evaluation Tools on a Windows NT machine, you MUST have administrator privileges.
- System backups may prevent the Free Evaluation Tools from working by invalidating the license.
- In some cases, defragmentation of the hard drive may invalidate the license.
- No extensions to the 30-day evaluation period are available.
- TI’s Free Evaluation Tools allow only one installation per computer.
- There is no support for hardware with the Free Evaluation Tools, they are for simulation only. If you have problems with configuration for the C33x simulator and experience error messages, please read on. If the C3x Code Composer Simulator Free Evaluation Tool is setup for a C30, C31 or C32, when loading code, you may see the following error (possibly with a different address):
Trouble Writing Target DSP memory
Error number –2140