What Type of Filter Do I Need?
What type of filter do I need?
There are some questions that have to be answered while answering this question:
The designer must diligently find the answers to these questions, or it will be impossible to design a good filter. If the designer has a good idea of what type of
filter is needed, they can now select the intermediate level Filter Design Wizard or the advanced level Filter
- What frequencies are wanted, and what frequencies are NOT wanted?
- How much rejection is needed on the frequencies that are not wanted?
- Which is important:
or some combination of these?
- Is cost more important, or is the ability to make changes?
- What power supplies are available?
- How do I select R's and C's for a Filter Circuit?